Time For a Swap... 'Streamers'???

For all Fly Swaps
Wilki

Re: Time For a Swap... 'Streamers'???

Post by Wilki » Thu Jul 24, 2014 5:24 pm

One more set arrived, just waiting on 2 more in the post!!!

1. Wilki - Loony Bait - ARRIVED
2. Johnno - Green Rabbit - ARRIVED
3. Iconoclast - ARRIVED
4. Chris Dore - ARRIVED
5. Rudy - ARRIVED
6. DMJ -
7. Tom McAuliffe - Newbie, welcome aboard! - ARRIVED
8. Peter Carty - Pseudo Smelt - ARRIVED
9. Steve - Straggly Buggers - ARRIVED
10. DrewHB - Phantom
11. Wolfman - Mallard & Sliver - ARRIVED
12. Fraser Hocks - ARRIVED

Wilki

Post by Wilki » Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:32 pm

Stand by Gents... we may have a couple of missing sets of flies, the postie may have taken my fly fishing :lol:
Just trying to sort so may be a week or so more to give these flies a chance, if everyone's ok with that??

Cheers
Mike.

PS. I'm not out fishing them if that's what you were all starting to wonder :lol:

DMJ

Post by DMJ » Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:53 am

Those are my flies that seem to have disappeared on the way to NZ.

Mike and I talked about it last week, so I tied up a second set just to be prepared, they will be sent tomorrow with bells and whistles. Sorry for the delay :)

Cheers
Dennis

Chris Dore

Post by Chris Dore » Wed Jul 30, 2014 6:52 pm

Thank you Dennis: i believe this is the first time in a fly swap ever where I havent been the last :D

Chris Dore
Queenstown
www.chrisdore.com

DMJ

Post by DMJ » Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:05 am

Chris Dore wrote:Thank you Dennis: i believe this is the first time in a fly swap ever where I havent been the last :D
You're very welcome :)

The "funny" thing is that, usually I'm pretty up front with my flies when doing. But this time I really struggled to get the flies ready in time and then they get lost. Ah well, sh!t happens and a new set are on their way :)

Johnno

Post by Johnno » Thu Jul 31, 2014 9:38 am

I recently sent an order over to the Canadian East Coast. Several Dozen flies just disappeared.....I was muttering as I really didn't want to do a repeat dose of an order that involved size 18 and 20 dries and emergers :( I was psyching myself to start the lost one again when an email arrived. The flies appeared 3 weeks after leaving NZ. Phew!

DMJ

Post by DMJ » Thu Jul 31, 2014 8:58 pm

Mike, if 2 sets arrive, feel free to keep them, share them to all the participants, donate them to the local junior or whatever you think is best spent :)

The danish post claims 4-5 days + recipient customs for delivery, it's now been around a month since the first set was shipped, so I'd be surprised if they show up though :)

Wilki

Post by Wilki » Sat Aug 02, 2014 10:09 am

Hey Drew... your flies are AWOL also??? I sent you a PM not sure if you got it but haven't heard?? Flick me a message???

Wilki

Post by Wilki » Tue Aug 05, 2014 6:47 pm

Dennis your flies have arrived well done... haven't heard from Drew??? Anyone know anything???
I see from his stats he hasn't been online here since the 18th July so not sure he has seen my messages yet???
Other wise I will be looking to post out the flies in a couple of days???

Wilki

Post by Wilki » Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:27 pm

Ok guys, I made the call and have packaged up the flies without Drew... sorry Drew but haven't had contact, hope all is well???
I will try to get them in the post tomorrow so a few may hit your mail boxes by the weekend with any luck???
I am starting to upload the photos to photo bucket and may load them tonight, don't look if you don't like the spoiler :D