Trout Prisoned?

Issues affecting our sport...
Steve
Site Admin

Trout Prisoned?

Post by Steve » Tue Sep 30, 2014 4:28 pm

Following on from Ross's post re 1080, certainly important that anglers are aware of the risks of eating trout, though I am hesitant to post this as it's not a good look at all for NZ and the supposed Clean Green image... seems to me the $8 million bucks they are spending on this could be better spent on researching alternatives

piwakawaka

Re: Trout Prisoned?

Post by piwakawaka » Tue Sep 30, 2014 5:07 pm

Steve...video...

Unfortunately, to me its very much the same problem as the potential 1 million kiwi voters who for whatever reason failed to engage in the electoral process. The general apathy that surrounds environmental and political concerns is an indictment on New Zealanders. Maybe if we all bury our heads a bit deeper in the sand the very real problems facing the environment will go away.

Ross

Steve
Site Admin

Post by Steve » Tue Sep 30, 2014 8:12 pm

Yeah they are Ross, but boy the greens do make it so hard to vote for them, I see Gareth Morgan was suggesting a greenblue party, a party that's more centre and who could work with either main party, sounds like a good idea to me...

fowang

Post by fowang » Tue Sep 30, 2014 8:39 pm

Steve your bloody right 8million could have been better spent rather than poisoning everything that will eat the bait!

It will take someone to get seriously ill or die from ingestion of this poison to make the government there to take notice!

Seem like this issue is the world over, if no one can see the effects no one wants to know!

Boisker

Post by Boisker » Wed Oct 01, 2014 12:01 am

I'm certainly no expert on the problems you face with introduced species and how best to control them, but that video certainly makes a morbidly grim watch, there must be a better way

Steve
Site Admin

Post by Steve » Fri Oct 03, 2014 8:12 am