A wander up the TT on Friday **Video Clip**

The fabled waters...info and reports here
flyfish

A wander up the TT on Friday **Video Clip**

Post by flyfish » Wed Dec 03, 2014 8:19 am

A pleasant day, even if the fish were pretty small.

Andrew

http://youtu.be/-rf9mHgXjao

fraser hocks

Re: A wander up the TT on Friday **Video Clip**

Post by fraser hocks » Wed Dec 03, 2014 9:05 am

very nice Andrew!

Obviously the NI is getting a lot better weather than down this way? I was at F&G training weekend, just gone and the reports from the guys in Southland are that the spring down there has been horrific. We haven't been getting the best of it, but I thanked the southland boys for taking the brunt of it for us. :)

There was a funny glowing ball in the sky yesterday. I didn't know weather to run and hide for fear, or grab the rod. Rest assured its gone again this morning! :cry:

Bucking trends in fly fishing since 1970!

flyfish

Post by flyfish » Wed Dec 03, 2014 11:11 am

Been a mixed bag Fraser to be honest, was a pretty windy / rainy weekend, the thing I like about the central North Island however, is the weather really does not matter much as there is always somewhere to fish in close proximity to Turangi, lakes or rivers and little angling pressure this time of year. I'd always prefer back country, but it's a gamble this time of the year in the Wellington region. Hope it comes right for you down there mate!

fraser hocks

Post by fraser hocks » Wed Dec 03, 2014 11:17 am

Ah its not that bad mate. To be true we haven't had the great deluge that we have had in past years. More constant steady rain that hasn't stuffed the rivers up too much to be honest. Besides, like up your way there is always a lake or a spring creek close by that holds good stocks of fish.

I just wished I had more time to get out and fish. Dam you work... dam you to hell!! :lol:

Will have to try and take the gopro out with me next time and put some videos together. Will be hitting you up for some tips mate!

Bucking trends in fly fishing since 1970!

flyfish

Post by flyfish » Wed Dec 03, 2014 7:19 pm

Yeah the same in Wellington, lots of wind, but no real damaging floods the past 3-4 years and it shows with small trout abundant in the lowland rivers at present. But that fkn wind!!! Oh it's constant! Yip, get filming, love seeing other peoples clips!